вторник, 24 февруари 2015 г.

The King of Latin America

David Ferrer is the new champion of the tournament in Rio de Janeiro. On the finals the Spaniard has needed less than an hour and a half to deal with the resistance of Fabio Fognini - 6: 2, 6: 3. It was a record seventh title for Ferrer of tournaments in Latin America, as on this indicator he has single headed the ranking (ahead Nicolas Almagro).

The 32 years old Spaniard has won 3 times and the tournaments in Acapulco and Buenos Aires.
For Ferrer it was the second title of the beginning of the season, after in January he has won the tournament in Doha (on the final he beat Berdich). With his success today he already leads with 8: 0 wins over Fognini.

"I am very happy. This is my 23rd tournament victory and a first one in Rio de Janeiro. I`m very proud with it. I had the opportunity earlier this week to visit the carnival here and everything was great. This week was really special for me. I played very confidently and I have already two titles this year. For me it is essential to be able to compete with the best players in the world, "said the champion David Ferrer.

"When you lose the finals, you could not be disappointed. It was a big week for me, yesterday I beat Rafa. This is a great tournament and I`m happy because I made very well my work. It was hard for me to be 100% ready for the match with David, "said in his turn finalist Fognini.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар