събота, 21 февруари 2015 г.

Sensation in Melbourne! Federer was eliminated in the third round

Four time Australian Open champion Roger Federer sensationally was knocked out of the first annual "Grand Slam" tournament in the third round. The winner of a record of 17 titles of "Grand Slam" and No. 2 in the scheme lost with 4:6, 6:7(5), 6:4, 6:7(5) from the Italian Andreas Seppi.

The 33 years old Swiss conceded 55 unforced errors against 40 of his opponent and lost for the first time from Seppi after ten wins in ten played games. Federer broke his run of 11 consecutive semi-finals at "Melbourne Park", where he won the trophy in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2010 years.

Federer won one point more in the match - 145:144, but tied his weakest performance in Melbourne and has been eliminated so early in the tournament for the first time since 2001. Seppi won the first set after a single break in the ninth game. In the second part, the Italian made a break twice and even served for the set at 5:4 failed. This led to a tiebreak, where Federer lead with 4:1 points, then after 5:3 he lost four consecutive rallies and Seppi pulled with 2:0 sets. In the third part, Federer broke early and took the lead with 3:2 and kept the lead until the end to close the gap. The fourth set went without breaks and in the tiebreak, Federer again took an early advance of 3:1 and at 5:4 having two serves. However he lost both points in the submission, but on his first match point Seppi made a phenomenal passing shot from a difficult position for his triumph.

"I`m not sure how this became a hit. I honestly do not even know, how I came to the ball at all. At first I thought this would be a winner for Roger, but then somehow I managed to put my racket on the ball and it happened. "said the Italian.

"It was a pleasure for me to play on the Centre Court against a great player like him. I think I made one of the best matches in my career. I tried to be concentrated in the sets in which I served, not to let minor mistakes. I was stable in the important moments of the two tiebreaks and that was crucial. "said Seppi.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар